Things to Ask During a Rhinoplasty Consultation
Now that you have scheduled an appointment for a rhinoplasty (nose surgery) consultation, you may be wondering what questions you should ask your prospective plastic surgeon. Because choosing a well-qualified plastic surgeon can mean the difference between achieving stellar aesthetic results from rhinoplasty or being highly disappointed with your new nose profile, make sure to ask the following crucial questions during your rhinoplasty consultation. An experienced nose surgeon, such as New York City plastic surgeon Dr. Joshua Greenwald, should be able to answer them without hesitation!
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- What is your experience with rhinoplasty — how long have you been performing nose surgery and how many rhinoplasty procedures have you completed?
- What percentage of your practice focuses on rhinoplasty?
- How long has it been since you last performed rhinoplasty?
- What is your patient-satisfaction rate?
- What is the revision rate among your own patients?
- What is your policy on revision nose surgery if needed?
- In situations that are similar to mine, how long does it take you to perform rhinoplasty?
- What are the potential risks and complications for nose surgery?
- What type of rhinoplasty technique do you recommend for me? Why?
- What type of anesthesia do you recommend? Why?
- Where do you operate; is your operating facility accredited?
- May I see before-and-after photos of rhinoplasty patients that are similar to me?
- Do you feel confident that you can deliver the aesthetic results that I have discussed with you?
If your prospective plastic surgeon cannot answer all of these questions or does not answer them to your satisfaction, choose a more qualified rhinoplasty surgeon who makes you feel comfortable and confident about your procedure. That is the only way to ensure that you receive optimal results from rhinoplasty.
To schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Greenwald to learn more about nose surgery, please contact his practice by calling (914) 421-0113.